We have a wonderful yoga studio, which we hope all of our apartment residents enjoy. In the past few years, yoga has become a popular health and fitness activity. Have you ever taken a yoga class?
Yoga is the Sanskrit word for unity. If you’re still confused or have always wondered about yoga, reading the following guide will help.
The Crossing Apartments Guide to Yoga
The first thing you need to know about practicing yoga is that you can make it as easy or as difficult as you desire. It’s always up to you.
The most important thing about yoga
Breathing correctly is the foundation of a good yoga practice. Many people have difficulties figuring out the proper breath technique, which is why having an instructor can be helpful.
- Dirga Pranayama is a three-part breathing technique that promotes calmness and relaxation. It requires you to breath through your nostrils continuously into three parts of your abdomen. Learn how to do it on Unexplainable.net.
- Ujjayi Pranayama is known as ocean breath. It requires you to inhale and exhale deeply through the mouth. When you do it right, you’llsound like Darth Vadar. It can be hard to master.
What to wear when you do yoga
You don’t have to wear anything specific, but you will want to wear loose, comfortable clothing that will not restrict you in any way.
The benefits of practicing yoga
Because yoga can be practiced in many ways by all people, they benefits are unique to each individual, yet include the following:
- keeping your body strong
- increasing flexibility
- relieving pain, such as persistent headaches
- reducing anxiety and stress
- providing you with a sense of inner peace and a sense of purpose
- curing insomnia
At the beginning and at the end of yoga, make sure you meditate for about 5 to 15 minutes. What else would you like to know about yoga?
Have you been to our yoga studio yet?
Photo Credit: www.localfitness.com.au