Chilling out in our fantastic green apartments in Anaheim is a great way to spend the summer. Just because it is hot outside doesn’t mean that you can’t cool off at The Crossing and help the environment out at the same time.
Here are some quick and easy tips to help you keep you cool without setting fire to your energy bills.
- Open the windows and turn on the ceiling fans instead of turning on the A/C.
- Use shades and curtains to block sunlight during the day, then open them at night to allow cool air to circulate freely throughout your apartment.
- Check for air leaks around windows and doors to make sure that when you do turn the A/C on, the air inside doesn’t escape your apartment.
- Turn off the lights, appliances, and electronic devices you are not using.
- Check your thermostat, and remember to adjust it for the times when you’ll be home and the times you’ll be away. After all, there’s no need to cool your apartment when no one will be home.
Do you have your own eco-friendly energy savings tips? Share them with us on Facebook! We’d love to hear from you.
Image courtesy of MorgueFile