Keep your bike in tip-top shape by taking the time to preform a mini maintenance inspection before every ride. Doing so at our apartments with bicycle parking will ensure a long life for your bike and tires.
Before each ride, you need to:
- Fill tires to the right pressure as listed on the sidewall. You will get a smoother ride and have fewer flats.
- Remove debris from the treads. Embedded debris works its way into the tire and will cause a slow leak.
- Spin both wheels, and look for any wobbling. Any spin that deviates from a normal roll is a sign you need to have the wheels adjusted.
- Examine brake pads for adequate condition. Riding with poor brakes is a dangerous habit.
- Inspect the chain and cable for dryness. A quick lube job is cheaper and faster than having to replace either of those parts.
- Pack a tire repair kit. A patch, portable pump, and a spare tube are a necessity, especially if you plan on a long ride.
At our Anaheim apartments with bicycle parking, you can keep your ride safe when you aren’t using it. Contact us to learn more about our community and our other amenities.