Plastic bags run the gamut from a clean and convenient way to bring home your groceries to a terrible burden on the landfills. You can maximize their benefit side by using them more than once, re-purposing when you can and recycling when you must.
Here are a few ideas to help you get the most out of them.
- Doggy do bags to clean up along the daily walk.
- Packing containers to keep dirty socks, underwear, shoes and swimwear separate from the rest of the items in your luggage.
- Toiletry containers to prevent leaking in your suitcase.
- Organizers to keep maps and papers clean and accessible in the glove box of the car.
- Carsick bags for long trips.
Recycling – many stores maintain recycling stations to make the process easier for their customers, like:
Other retailers are following suit. You may wish to contact your favorite stores and make that a recommendation. To recycle in Anaheim, check the city website for methods that work for you. The city offers used oil pickup, recycled book collections, tree collections, and more.