Owning a bicycle is a great advantage in this day and age. Rising gas prices make for an expensive commute, and the internet has become a huge distraction for those of us who want to work out and can’t find the time. Owning a bike helps in many ways.
Our eco-friendly apartments in Anaheim with bicycle parking take full advantage of riding. That is why we have a few helpful tips to keep your bike secure at our apartments in Anaheim with bicycle parking.
- This might seem obvious, but you should always lock your bicycle. Even if you are just running inside your apartment for a moment, make sure to lock up your bike. Thieves take advantage of an opportunity, and a bike without a lock is a beacon to them.
- Locking your bike to a bike rack is another excellent way to assure that your bike stays safe. Parking in a weird or out-of-view place is another way of giving thieves the chance to strike.
- If you use a U-Lock, make sure that you attach it to your bike by passing it through your rear wheel rim and then around a secure bike rack or post. If you keep the lock within the frame, it makes it very difficult, nearly impossible, to steal the bike by removing the rear tire.
- Always have an extra lock, or several. Keep one at home, one at work, one in a backpack. This will lessen the chances of forgetting to have a lock when you desperately need one.
- Remove any loose gear, such as lights or a water bottle, before leaving your bike. These are also easy targets.
For more information on our luxury apartment community, please contact us to schedule a tour and see for yourself.